Coconut Oil has always been a part of our family since our childhoods. Whether that was an oil massage or as a moisture. We were never stranger to it. But today, I am going to tell you why you need to carry it on your next trip and always make it an essential thing to be carried always.
Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil does so many great and beneficial things – I basically want to turn into a coconut.
Here’s a short list of the health and beauty uses of coconut oil:
- Make up remover
- Sunburn relief
- Pre-shave and aftershave
- Deep hair conditioner and split end treatment
- Burn relief and scar reduction
- Toothpaste (baking powder mixed with coconut oil)
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and helps enhance the lipid barrier on your skin to keep in as much moisture as possible. It’s a natural skin-softening moisturizer and contains emollient, which helps reduce wrinkles that have already developed. It’s also anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
It soothes bug bites, speeds healing of burns, helps with rashes, gets rid of flaking skin, softens and shrinks wrinkles, protects against sun damage, keeps tans longer, etc. Seriously, Google it. You will be amazed by all you can do with it.
How to use coconut oil while traveling
- Massage into your skin each night before bed to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while you sleep. The recycled air on airplanes is dehydrating to your skin and body. Put the moisture back in
- Ladies, use it as a makeup remover
- Gentlemen, use it to shave with, or to soothe skin after shaving
- Use a little dab to tame flyaways (cowlicks, I call them) and frizz
- Put a little on your lips if they’re chapped, or to prevent chapping
- Rub into your hands after handling your luggage all day
- Use a little in the morning to smooth your skin before you head out – it’ll give you a nice glowand make you look healthy