1. Visit historical cathedrals in Germany.
“I went to Germany and Amsterdam this December and it was amazing! It was kind of funny because the European friends I went with were so over the castles, churches, and museums but it was all stuff we don’t have in America. The buildings had so much history, and I got to stand in them.” —jalissaj
2. Instagram your way through Kruger National Park in Limpopo, South Africa.
“It was nice to just concentrate on me while seeing amazing animals and flowers.” —AlexT
3. Salsa dance in Havana, Cuba.
“Cuba has been my number one travel destination since I was 12 years old, and I’ve always been in love with Salsa, Celia Cruz, the old cars, and the friendly people.” —KatherineMercs22
4. View the annual Day Of The Dead Drunken Horse Race in Guatemala.
“I hiked to Todos Santos in Guatemala for the annual Day of the Dead drunken horse race. It turned out to be four days of relaxed hiking and two of the most insane celebration I’ve ever witnessed.”—elyshaf
5. Cheer for Real Madrid at the world-famous Santiago Bernabéu stadium in Madrid, Spain.
“My boyfriend and I spent two weeks in Spain this past September. We even did a tour of the Santiago Bernabéu since my boyfriend is a huge Real Madrid supporter, had dinner at the stadium, and got the chance to see a match.”—Cmantone
6. Raft down the Nile River in Kampala, Uganda.
“I moved to Uganda for a yearlong fellowship last September, and planned an amazing reunion with my boyfriend in April. We started out rafting down the Nile River. We also went on safari in Murchison Falls where we saw elephants just roaming around — they were so close to our vehicle we could have touched them!” —joannalb
7. Island-hop in the off-season in Greece.
“We went island hopping in Greece in October (their off-season) and it was amazing.” —LurdesMirnaEnAltaDefinicion
8. Hike Poland’s stunning Tatra Mountains.
“I went around the world this year and visited 26 countries. One of my favorite destinations was Poland’s Tatra Mountains.” —brianj41b6e115b
9. Go snorkeling in Queensland, Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
“The Great Barrier Reef is one of the most magnificent natural wonders I have ever seen. 10/10 would recommend.” —Anniepstein
10. Whale-watch in Iceland.
“We saw puffins and seals in Jökulsarlon, went whale-watching in the North, and drove by beautiful fjords.” —ilariac495681a44
11. See a taping of your favorite show in Hollywood, California.
“I went to Hollywood, visited the Warner Bros. Studios, and got to see the Ellen stage as well as the Friends couch. I also saw a taping of Fuller House!” —kristinp4e767c5c7
12. Throw back some shochu in Tokyo’s Golden District.
“Went to Japan with my best friend, where we got to visit the tiniest bars in Shinjuku Golden Gai and try fresh sushi in the Tsukiji Fish Market. The whole trip was mind-blowing and only made me want to travel more!” —melissad4d63deded
13. Treat yourself to thick hot chocolate in Paris, France.
“The city. The food (even as a vegetarian). The history. It was all beautiful. I loved Paris and have dreams (literally) of going again.” —Kayla Elizabeth
14. Go cliff jumping in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
“I went on an amazing Euro trip for two weeks to Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, and the Czech Republic. We sat on the Iron Throne and went cliff jumping in Dubrovnik, Croatia, drove through the Alps, and ate schnitzel in Hallstatt, Austria.” —nancyalyse
15. Stand on top of the tallest building in the world in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
“We visited family in Bahrain and finally we went to Dubai! We went on a sand safari, rode ATVs in the desert, and went to the top of the tallest building (Burj Khalifa) in the world.” —foidehghan
16. Watch the sunrise from Cadillac Mountain, Maine.
“My boyfriend and I watched the sun rise on Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the northeast coast and the first place in the US you can see the sunrise. It was an absolutely breathtaking experience.” —corellaw
17. Eat ALL OF THE THINGS in NYC.
“I went to NYC in March for the St. Patrick’s Day. We saw Wicked on Broadway, had a real slice of New York pizza, and had a black and white cookie to die for.” —rhinosrule658